Monday, April 4, 2011

april is showering us with Art in New York

jane herzenberg  modeling one of her many fine fiber creations
The sun finally has appeared for all the Doubting Thomases. April 1st did fool us into thinking March winds and April rains would never  be ending.  The weekend became a success with glorious sunny spring weather and the debut Of ART OF CRAFT COMES TO NEW YORK.... CRAFT NEW YORK.
 My NJ friend,Kathy Arshan met me midtown for a girl's day of fun & shopping .  We were introduced to a fine array of fabulous crafts. Where to start?  Me lost for words?  LOL...  Fantastic Fibers, wondrous woods,  marvelous metals,  luscious leathers......never ending colours and of course bushels of  bling, bling to satiate your craving for new arm candy. Here is a brief showing of some of the artist and their wares from the show.... I did miss a photo of my pixie friend Amy Nguyen, forgive me Amy.
s'wonderful colours of spring scarfs

The beautiful and talented  Sara Sally La Grand

Sally's colourful confection of glass & feathers

My heart flutters like a butterfly each time I see Judith Kinghorn's dazzling  creations in 24K & sterling silver.
she may stand like a soldier with her sidekick Nadine, but they are a creative team to droll for!
Check out her poppy flower and stingray brooch/necklace  nadine's petit earrings aren't shabby either!


Rachel Carren does fimo clay like nobody!
She takes colour  inspirations from the likes of William Morris & Vemeer and adds her magic

a one of a kind necklace made up of beads with textile inspirations

The Artist up close and personal

As  a textile major (yes, way back in the baby carriage)  I fell in love with Starr Hagenbrings sensational jackets.  My closet is  calling for one of each! And so ended a day with new art friends and old one dancing in my head..... too many to name, you will just have to go to the next show and join me for some fabulous fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment